Experience Hamburg's new concert hall in virtual reality with 360-degree images from inside the Elbphilharmonie: the Grand Hall, the Plaza, the Tube and the Grand Hall’s pipe organ are all waiting to be discovered on Google Street View. For a more immersive experience, use a »Google Cardboard« – a VR viewer - together with a smartphone to discover the images in virtual reality.
Pick up your free Google Cardboard now:
- From the Elbphilharmonie Visitor Center (Am Kaiserkai 60-62, opposite the Elbphilharmonie),
- the Ticket Office Brahms Kontor (opposite the Laeiszhalle)
- or the Elbphilharmonie Kulturcafé on Mönckebergstrasse
Download the free Google Arts & Culture app now to take advantage of all the virtual reality features on offer.
How Google Cardboard Works
- Pick up your free Google Cardboard headset from the Elbphilharmonie Visitor Center, the Ticket Office Brahms Kontor or the Elbphilharmonie Kulturcafé
- Download the app
- Place your smartphone in the Cardboard viewer
- Take a look and move your head around!
- By pressing an extra button you can move along the Plaza, jump from floor to floor in the Grand Hall and much more!
- Tune in to the live stream of the Grand Opening concert on YouTube on 11 January
Watch the Elbphilharmonie Grand Opening in 360°
Google Cardboard headsets are only fully functional together with a smartphone. The virtual reality viewers in an Elbphilharmonie Hamburg design are available in Hamburg at the Elbphilharmonie Visitor Center, the Elbphilharmonie Kulturcafé and the Ticket Office Brahms Kontor free of charge. Cardboard headsets can also be purchased online or from electronics stores.
Google Street View
Don’t have a Google Cardboard headset on hand? No problem! View the Elbphilharmonie in 360 degrees on your computer or smartphone via Google Street View. Move around Hamburg’s new concert hall by clicking the arrows in the images; jump from floor to floor of the Elbphilharmonie by clicking the numbers in the legend.
Google Arts & Culture
Visit the Elbphilharmonie’s new Google Arts & Culture profile at g.co/elbphilharmonie. A wide range of exhibitions reveal insights into the development of the Hamburg’s new landmark.To All Elbphilharmonie Exhibitions on Google Arts & Culture
Discover the world from the comfort of your classroom: Travel to innumerable historic landmarks and view them in 3D with the Google Expeditions App. The Elbphilharmonie too!
The app leads you on an immersive virtual trip through the Elbphilharmonie with the help of questions and explanations about the architecture of the concert halls, the features of the Elbphilharmonie organ and much more.
Use a »Google Cardboard« viewer to have an even better experience in immersive VR.More about Google Expeditions